c1781: High Street Leagrave Methodist Society was in existence by this date, where the Society worshipped in the early years is not known.
1811: First reference to the Three Horseshoes Public House.
1822: The first reference to the Royal Oak Public House as a beer house.
1824: Leagrave Methodist Church opens on the 3rd June, with a gallery added in 1829.
1850: Leagrave Hall built.
1866: The parish of Leagrave was formed.
1868: Leagrave Railway Station opened.
1876: Leagrave School built.
1880: The Methodist Church demolished and a new church built.
1895: Leagrave became a separate parish within Luton Rural.
1900: Leagrave School enlarged.
1910: Iron Mission Church opened.
1914: Hewlett & Blondeau an aircraft manufacturing firm opened a factory called The Omnia Works. During the First World War the factory produced more than 800 aircraft and employed up to 700 people.
1920: The Omnia factory closes.
1926: Electrolux buys the Omnia factory site and the Electrolux factory opens on the 18th May 1927.
1928: Leagrave parish abolished and Leagrave becomes part of Luton.
1929: On the 12th June Lea Ward Branch Library opened.
1936-37: Dual purpose church and hall built.
1944: Lea Ward Branch Library renamed Leagrave Branch Library
1947: On the 16th June the church and church hall burnt down.
1955: On the 20th April the foundation stone was laid by the Duchess of Kent for St.Luke's Church and the parish church was opened on the 2nd June 1956.
1956: Moorland School opened in Leagrave Hall.
1962: Church Hall built.
1976: New library erected on the old site opened.
1989: The Three Horseshoes Public House demolished. The new Mount Pleasant Methodist Church opens.
1994: Electrolux granted planning permission to expand its Oakley Road-Linden Road site.
1998: Electrolux Factory in Oakley Road shuts down. (Luton News, 30th September)
2005: Electrolux announces that the headquarters of Electrolux Major Appliances was moving from Slough to the Oakley Road site. (Luton News, 6th July)
The newspapers cuttings collection at Bedford Central Library.
PICKFORD, C. Bedfordshire Churches in the 19th Century Part 4. B.H.R.S. Vol.80 2001
PEAPLE, C. The Blockers' Seaside : Leagrave before The Great War. 1979.