12th Century: The ironstone Church of St. Giles, Upper Gravenhurst, has a mutilated Norman chancel surviving from the early 12th century church, parts of the nave are also of 12th century date. The west tower was a late 15th century addition.
14th Century: Lower Gravenhurst St. Mary's Church, was built during the 14th century for Sir Robert De Bilhemore who died c1360.
1820: Enclosure Act passed.
1836: New Rectory built.
1868: Wesleyan Chapel opened, rebuilt in 1903.
1869: Gravenhurst School built and opened in January 1870.
1886: The School was closed from the 9th March to 3rd May due to a severe outbreak of scarlet fever in which four children died.
1888: Upper and Lower Gravenhurst, which were formally two parishes, made into one.
1935: Albert Richardson restores St. Mary's Church.
1962: Part of the ceiling of St. Mary's Church falls in.
1972: St. Mary's Church made redundant.
2002: Bells at St. Giles Church repaired at a cost of £4,000.